Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Keeping Up With Win

As I mentioned before I have a book, "Jeremiah's Journey", coming out soon.  The process has taken longer than I expected.  There are so many steps to a finished product.  I am currently editing the final draft and should be finished with it by weeks end.

My first impression was my book would be ready for publishment early this year.  Due to the lengthy process of editing and cover design it's taken much longer.  While I don't have a date set in stone, it should be published by July. 

Waiting has been the hardest part of the process.  A close second is the editing process.  As many times that I read and re-read my manuscript there were many corrections to be made.  Thank heavens for editors.  I'd be embarassed of the final product if it had not been edited.  While the professional editor did her job well I am still finding duplicate entries, an extra to or and here and there, and rewording a sentence so it makes sense.

I have my book's draft in hand and love the work that was done on the front and back cover.  As many words as I had written, the book is much smaller than I thought it would be.  That won't be a mistake I'll make on my next book.

I have started an Amish romance novel and fiction book based upon a real family.  Naturally names and places will be changed.  I also have been writing short stories along the same theme that I hoped to get published as a compilation. 

I'm trying a different approach to my next projects.  I've started with an outline to use as a guide in my writing process.  I know I'll probably stray from the outline but expect the bunny trails to enrich the charaters and plot.

I'll be posting again soon...hopefully annoucing "Jeremiah's Journey" website and other sites it will be available for sale.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."  Will Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment